Join The Online Launch 18 November at 1.00 pm
The East London NHS Foundation Trust is holding an online webinar to launch Ocean (Offering Compassionate and Emotional Support for those living through birth trauma and loss), a new Maternal Mental Health Service.
This is a joint service between East London NHS Foundation Trust, Barts Health NHS Trust, Homerton University Hospital Foundation Trust and Maternity Mates.
This much-needed service will provide support for individuals experiencing psychological distress:
- related to miscarriage, medical termination, neonatal death and stillbirth;
- after news of foetal abnormality during pregnancy, and after foeticide or medical termination;
- directly related to and following traumatic birth experience;
- stemming from their perinatal experience. This may include assisted pregnancy, IVF, or LGBTQ+;
- arising from significant fear or phobia related specifically to pregnancy and childbirth, for example fear of giving birth, undergoing examinations;
- related to parent-infant separation taking place during the first year after birth due to children’s social care involvement.
The webinar will be facilitated by mental health professionals, midwifery and people with lived experience and will provide information about the new service. This includes:
- Who the service is aimed at;
- How to refer;
- What support is available;
- Useful information about trauma informed care;
- Helping professionals to feel confident in asking the right questions to support those who have experienced birth trauma and perinatal loss;
- An opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
The online event will be held on Thursday 18th November at 1.00 pm. The webinar will be filmed for those unable to attend.
This will be a great opportunity to learn about this new service and meet the team who have been instrumental in the development of this new service.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you would like more information, or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com